NHVR’s relaunched Chain of Responsibility (CoR) online Gap Assessment Tool now includes a new bus-specific version.
Described as “a second coming” for the NHVR’s Gap Assessment Tool, the modern online safety assessment has been revamped to assist heavy vehicle operators to identify gaps in their safety systems. The Gap Assessment Tool had been simplified and upgraded to assist operators to examine their current systems against known risks and recognised best practice.
NHVR CEO, Sal Petroccitto says “the updated tool replaces the original version, which was launched in 2017 and used more than 20,000 times. The relaunch supports the major changes to Chain of Responsibility laws introduced in October 2018.”
The Gap Assessment Tool has a number of new features including:
- Targeted guidance for the bus industry
- Simplified recommendations that link to NVHR resources, website information and external material, such as the Load Restraint Guide and the Master Industry Code of Practice
- Links to relevant National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme material
- New easier-to-read format
- Links to quick briefs and relevant sections of Heavy Vehicle National Law.
To use the updated Gap Assessment Tool, go to www.nhvr.gov.au/gap-assessment-tool.
Used with permission – Australian Bus and Coach Magazine. Image courtesy of NHVR.