Updated 25 October 2021
Ian MacDonald at APATIA advises us that the Victorian Government has made a number of significant health orders in recent weeks, which require employees to be double vaxed, before they can work in selected industries. (And the NT has introduced even more aggressive health orders regarding compulsory mandating.)
PUBLIC TRANSPORT IS A SELECTED INDUSTRY
The orders require employees to provide evidence of their vaccination status by this Friday, 15 October. Below you can download a document provided by ACCI which is a summary of the current orders and how they apply in Victoria.
Bus SA is monitoring the situation here in South Australia and will keep you updated.
- Mandatory vaccinations in Victoria – article from our October 2021 Member Alert, contains links to Aust Chamber of Commerce vaccination guidance materials
- Vaccinations: Workplace rights and obligations Comprehensive information from the Fair Work Ombudsman
- COVID-Safe Plan Business requirements
- About COVID Safe Check In
- Passenger numbers and seating (Nov 2020) PDF
SA Health COVID-19 Fact Sheet: Guidance for Transport and Tour Vehicles – unfortunately this has not been updated for a year.
For a comprehensive resource of business-related information, we recommend you spend time on the business.gov.au support page. You will find the most up-to-date information about available financial assistance, eligibility and timing on government support for Australian businesses.