There is no longer a limit on the total number of passengers permitted on transport / tour vehicles. You must not exceed the vehicle’s carrying capacity.
- The density requirement of 1 person per 2 square metres does not apply, but where possible people should space out and leave spare seats / rows in-between passengers.
- Family units, friends or people who otherwise normally associate with each other can sit next to each other.
- Seating should be assigned and passengers should sit in the same seat for the duration of the journey/tour, avoid walking up and down the aisle, and avoid touching seat headrests.
- The contact details of passengers must be retained for contact tracing purposes.
- Complete a COVID Safe Plan.
- Keep contact tracing records.
Download the full fact sheet – Guidance for Transport and Tour Vehicles. *Updated October 2020.