Bus SA is the voice of the bus and coach industry in South Australia, representing the interests of members in their relationship with government. We provide information, services and products to help members meet their business goals, and we promote bus safety and efficiency to the wider community.
Our members range from small single bus operators through to large urban operators. They do the majority of route services, school bus services, trunk routes, community services, tours and charters across South Australia.
As the peak industry association, our aim is to deliver and grow a sustainable bus and coach industry for all South Australians. We seek to achieve this through building a strong and trusting relationship with government, stakeholders and industry. We will advocate policies that support operators and encourage patronage within the bus industry.
Bus SA has a vision of developing an integrated and world-class passenger transport system in the state, and hopes to improve public understanding of the importance of the bus and encourage the use of buses as a viable alternative to the private vehicle.
We aim to advance the industry by:
- highlighting the positive impact of public transport on social inclusion, public health, energy conservation and urban congestion
- advocating the cost effectiveness and demand responsive capability benefits of using buses
- creating public awareness about the acceptance and usage of buses as an alternative to private vehicles
- building positive and proactive partnerships with key stakeholders, including operators, government and suppliers.
About our Board
As an incorporated Association, Bus SA is governed by a Board made up of operator members. The Board’s primary function is to represent the industry as a whole by making decisions that affect the sustainability of the sector. It oversees the development of strategic direction for the Association, deals with and make decisions relating to policy position, and provides operator-specific guidance to Executive.
The Board is lead by a Chair whose role is to support and guide the Association through decision and policy making processes.
The current board is:
- Stephen Lucas (Mount Gambier Buslines) – Chair
- Jared Kent (Spencer Gulf Coaches) – Deputy Chair
- Peter Pickering (BusBiz)
- Brett Andruszkiewicz (Link SA)
- Jason Hanley (Hanley’s Passenger Service)
- James Lowe (McConnell Seats)
- Jamie Atkinson (Scania Australia)
- Craig Spurr (Executive Director – Bus SA)
The Executive Director and BusSA Team deliver the aims of the Board. This means that, in a practical way, they represent the views of the Board as, when and where required. The Executive Director, as delegated to by the Board, forms strong relationships with the government and opposition, and other stakeholders such as local government and community groups, to deliver the main aims and messages for the industry.